Commercial Drone Training

A2 Certificate of Competency Course

A2CofC is a new drone qualification that allows you to fly small drones “close to people”. Under the new regulations, you can operate a drone commercially for the first time without needing to spend thousands of pounds on training and CAA Permissions.


A2 CofC Drone
A2 CofC
Commercial Drone Training_Logo
A2 CofC Drone Image 2

Bring your Aerial Photography Business to Life

When you have completed our Drone A2 Certificate of Competency (A2 CofC) course you can:


gvc and pfco


Fly down to 5m away from uninvolved persons (presently 50m)

Build Relevant Skills

FAQ for A2 CofC

Make Money

Make money as a drone pilot with the A2 Certificate of Competency.

No further courses needed

a2 Cetificate of Competency

No Annual Costs

No annual renewal fees  to the CAA and no annual flight tests

easa european safety agency

Learn from the Best

CDT have trained over 4,000 Commercial Drone students in the last 5 years


Join Over 4000 Commercial Drone Pilots


Thank you CDT team! The learning was exciting and matched my needs and skills.

Kelvin White


Very good course, lots of detail.  CDT stood out by far as leaders in terms of quality, value for money and training.

Jack Williams


Most frequent asked questions and answers

Do I need an A2 CofC?

An A2 CofC allows drone pilots to fly an C2 class aircraft within the A2 subcategory of the Open Category and small legacy aircraft within the A1 transitional subcategory. This contrasts with the GVC, which allows pilots to fly in the specific category using visual line of sight (VLOS) and is required to obtain an Operational Authorisation.

How Long Does An A2 CofC Last For?

Your qualification lasts for five years, after which you’ll have to renew it.

Does the A2 CofC allow me to operate commercially?

Yes anyone can operate a UAS for commercial gain within any category or subcategory. The purpose of the flight no longer dictates your requirement for training meaning there is no distinction between commercial and non-commercial operations.

Do I need any kind of insurance before I take the course?

No but once you're operating commercially  you'll need to have insurance in place for liability to protect your operations and your equipment.

Learn To Become a Drone Pilot Today

The latest CAA regulations are designed to make it easier to fly your drone for Commercial gain.