A2 Certificate of Competency Course
The A2 Certificate of Competency (A2 CofC) course covers theory such as the basic principles of flight, operating in congested areas, how to avoid collision, battery safety, and weather factors.
Along with your A2 CofC course you can complete some practical flight training with us at home under self-monitored circumstances.
Once you have completed the practical flight training you will complete a short multiple-choice test with 30 questions.
The main difference between the PfCO and the new A2 Certificate of Competency (A2 CofC) is there is no flight assessment. There is no need to write an Operations Manual and no need to renew with the CAA ever 12 months.
However the limitations that you will be able to fly under will be dependant of the Class of your drone.
The A2 CofC CAA qualification is valid for five years before you need to renew it.
A2 Certificate of Competency Explained
These are the 3 SIMPLE STEPS to getting your A2 Certificate of Competency (A2 CofC) with Commercial Drone Training:
- You can complete your CAA A2 CofC in a day online from the comfort of your own home
- Take your A2 CofC theory test which is 30 question, multiple-choice, closed book examination, online, it takes a maximum of 75 minutes.
- Be sent your electronic CAA - A2 CofC Certificate, which is valid for 5 years.
When you purchase our online course you get immediate access to all of our video learning with over 4 hours of easy to understand video.
You can take the A2 CofC mock exam we provide and then book your Online A2 CofC Examination with our remote invigilators.
As soon as you've passed your Theory Exam and proved your flying competence, we'll send you your A2 CofC Certificate and you'll be ready to fly and earn.
Our Online A2 Certificate of Competency (A2 CofC) course costs only £99 so invest in yourself and your drone flying career.
- Over 2 hours of simple and concise online tuition using video & presentation techniques.
- Your own online course summary page guiding and tracking your progress through the steps to complete your A2CofC.
- Amendable Drone set-up checklist and emergency procedures.
- A flight guide so you can quickly and efficiently complete and log the mandatory self-taught flight practice maneuvers.
- Flight planning, site-survey & risk assessment online video tutorials.
- 56 mock exam questions with instant feedback giving you the confidence to excel in the main exam.
- Ongoing online support and advice related to your future commercial operations.
- Massive loyalty discounts if you go onto book an online GVC course through us.